Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Q's Prequel


I spy.

I've heard of a prequel for a great novel but never for an approaching snow storm.  Being a blue blood doubting Thomas, I'm not convinced that the snows will accumulate to the predicted depths.  By ten am the snow was deeper than I predicted, and the fat squirrel prided himself on finding a full feeder.








How far to the next tee?




One bark from Lucy at the door and the squirrel took off, leaving the food for the birds.












Did you hear what happened the pine siskin?

The snow let up by 2:00 and since the Acenture Golf Classic in Marana, Arizona was postponed this afternoon because of snow, rain, and bitter winds I watched birds, cleared a path out front twice, then cleared a path in the back to the hot tub.  After all a woman has to be prepared for the best of evenings.  The backyard birds were fluttering messages of "feed me, feed me, please."  They are always so happy to have safe food that they repay me with their music and happy dances.








Don't know who's happier
Lucy, Letty or the field of wheat
under my feet.                                                                                                                                                                                    
Now this is living.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. Keep us posted on the snows. pm

    ReplyDelete