Saturday, November 4, 2023

The Lady in Pink by Jonya Stapp Pry

 To Letty,

Let's have a drink

  To the lady in pin.

"Why the pink?

  Oh, it's not to over think.


A chip she did sink

  Then offered a wink.

It's just instinct

  She anticipates the clink, clink, clink.


To rally her inner fink

  About Barbie she did think,

Then she worked out the kinks

  That day on the links.


Now she's a pro and on the brink

  Of putting it all together; in a manner succinct.

Love what you do, just don't over think.

  That's the magic of the color pink. 




9/17/2023 sent to me by my little sister after I played in the club championship and dressed in pink for Barbie's world, in case, there was a perfect shot left inside of my aging body.

A chip-in birdie (more like an eagle on hole 11 at The TRAILS) cinched the moment and the year for me, but not the title of club champion. We don't often win the title if we don't play the game. 

"You are not responsible for your score, but you are responsible for your effort and actions while playing."  Thank you VISION 54 


5 comments:

  1. You two are really into this pink Barbie stuff. Such fun. JK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we didn't get Zoom going this morning, you couldn't see that I wore a pink necklace and earrings in your honor! MMc

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this one, although I enjoy them all. (Larry & I watched golfers tee off at PD this a m as we had breakfast buffet.) mb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one Letty! Well done Jonya. LJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got the Barbie look…yikes. jd

    ReplyDelete