Tuesday, October 24, 2023

IN TENT CITY by Murphy Doodle




this is not my idea of fun, sitting in the hot sun. i like to sit with jack in the cool house on the soft blue couch that i share with him

i learned about tent cities when jack and letty took me to a market place one day.....i liked all of the smells but not the peoples feet....they were too close to me and i felt like each one of them might step on me...

people of all sizes and smells reached over and tapped my head and said things like OH HE IS SO CUTE. letty says thank you to them and jack growls like a man....i wag my tail and we all laugh

lately our house has felt some InTentCity (that's what letty calls it) when jack and letty watch read and white football on the colored screen in our living room....jack yells and gets upset....one time he scared me so bad that I jumped up off the couch....he slammed the door before i could follow him outside

letty tried to explain football InTentCity to me but all I can think of is what happens when jack gets mad and yells


he yells when the boy throws the ball to the wrong person or when someone in read and white drops the ball in the wrong place....there are read and white people everywhere on the screen why does it matter as long as someone is throwing the ball and having fun?

and where are the tents?

i am glad he likes me when i drop the ball anywhere i want



i wish you could see me wag my tail right now....i figured out what intentcity feels like....

one day when i was protecting jack from the squirrels one squirrel nearly slapped my face with his claws...i chased him fiercely all over the yard before he could jump in the magic tree and disappear...  


jack clapped and yelled GOOD DOG MURPHY... that is how jack acts when that boys runs the right direction with the ball toward the tents 

i show intentcity when i chase squirrels...

every day i learn something new about people and how they act



 

6 comments:

  1. Marilyn loves M D’s adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn loves M D’s adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love M D’s funny adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love Murphys stories!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just get such a hoot reading Murphy Doodle stories! Give him a big petting for me. Hope all is well with you guys.😻 KT

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Murphy Doodle is a treat!🥰

    ReplyDelete