Monday, April 24, 2023

Murphy and the Siren Sounds

 



my name is MURPHY DOODLE and i have a big backyard, that means i have to keep four legged animals that are not dogs out of my yard

sometimes i chase away the two legged squawking animals that like to eat seeds at a feed her...letty and jack seem to like watching two legged animals

letty says she likes the teeny tiny finches and wrens best because they talk and make music...i can not tell them apart but i do hear their high pitched chit chat

there is another noise that letty calls a siren that i do not like...it hurts my ears and i howl at the noise to go away and it does, or it used to go away until that night

one night when the wind was making a lot of noise and there was no sun shining i heard the same screaming siren sound...it hurt my ears and my head and i saw letty jump up and howl at jack to do something...i did not understand what was happening

i howled again and again and letty hugged me, put the leash on my neck and pulled me to the garage but i new we were not going for a walk in the in the wet wind

she made me scared with her voice, so i sat down and would not move

it was an awful time, finally the sirens stopped

then before i could eat the sirens came on again and i howled but they would not stop

no matter how much i howled or whined the noise would not stop, 

letty tried to get me to go down in a dark hole in the garage but i would not, i sat alone and we could not find jack


i should be with jack... i tried to tell her, he needs me to protect him

the last time the sirens went off letty told jack he had to stay inside and help her carry me into the hole, i ran to the bedroom and tried to hide under the bed but they could see me

jack carried me to the hole in the ground, i watched letty go down and then jack pushed my back end while letty held my shoulders, the next thing i remember is being on the floor of a cold small room with a light shining and letty sitting nearby...she quit shaking so i closed my eyes and rested

jack went away to look for the siren

later when he came back he stood like a giant at the top of the dark hole...i wanted to bark at him

he helped me upstairs and then we all went outside to look up in the sky...jack and my garden neighbor brent pointed up in the sky and i heard letty ask DID YOU STAND IN THE BACKYARD WHEN THAT WENT OVER OUR HOUSE  ... i think she growled ... i think jack and brent laughed 

circulation see in forward cloud never touched down
tonight i learned that letty could growl, now i love her even more






7 comments:

  1. Clever, and I love the last sentence best! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful!

    I let our dog hear the siren and the howling, but he didn’t respond much, which was odd. LE

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friend of many talents can also growl--go yOU. mb

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brave Murphy Doodle! Those sirens were so scary. They just kept on and on, off and on again. So glad everyone is safe. cgl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Murphy had it right! Those sirens are not nice, but your post was!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your Murphy stories!

    Happy golf season.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Letty - I love Murphy stories! dc

    ReplyDelete