Monday, February 16, 2015

California Dreamin' on a Cold Winter's Day

I'd be safe and warm
If I were in Palm Springs....
Airport greeter in Palm Springs


The ground is frozen outside my winter window
The birds are chirping
The squirrels are dashing, searching
I found the seeds in the feeder frozen.

If I were in California....
I'd be with friends in the warmth and sun;
Letty, Peggy, and Manon

Instead I'm in Oklahoma dreamin of a
  California sun.
If I were in California ...
  I'd be dreaming of a hole in one.
Palmer Private PGA West

Instead I'm sitting behind a computer
  Dreaming as I search my photographs.
Watching the animals dig and peck 
  for food.
Even squirrels need a little help from a friend.

If I were in California...
  I'd relaxing by the pool
or among the flowers in bloom.
What rain does for the desert.


I'm not in California,
I'm a native by birth...thank you mom and dad.
We  moved to Oklahoma (not Arizona).
I sang the ballads of the 60's 
  
California Dreamin'
and learned to dream on such a winter's day.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful place. Thanks for sharing your memories of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, Letty, my family in Boston are writing poetry about Oklahoma weather! Of course, to be fair, they didn't get to see the sunshine in your CA photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess if we all lived down south or out west in a warmer climate then we'd probably tilt the continent and fall into the ocean. It's just nice to dream isn't it.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I've got the chance to go to California for a business trip in 3 weeks. Your pictures are making me really, really ready to go. :-)

    ReplyDelete