Monday, June 10, 2024

Murphy's Hideaway by Murphy Doodle




i had a hideaway


UNTIL JACK CUT IT DOWN where i would run and hide my toys and self


i could tell that letty liked my hideaway, too, since she could sing her funny songs even if i do not know what the words mean

sometimes when i would hide letty would sing these words

I KNOW A DARK SECULDED PLACE

WHERE NO ONE KNOWS YOUR FUNNY FACE

IT'S CALLED HERNANDO'S HIDEAWAY, OLE!

Letty even made a funny wiggle and tossed my frisbee in the air when she sang Ole! i like to see her laugh when i run after the frisbee

One day Jack cut away my hideaway and i hung my head and pouted

still he played frisbee with me everyday and so would Letty, i kept running to my hide away and they laughed

one rainy day when i could not run and chase squirrels and rabbits and birds and frisbees and toys i had to stay inside


That was my lucky day because now i have a new HIDAWAY.

Hernando's Hideaway from Pajama Game


5 comments:

  1. These pictures are priceless! How funny…he is such a cute dog!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

  2. Loved Murphy’s complaints then ultimate happiness between the bed pillows!
    The Pajama Game was a huge fav of my parents on the big Magnovox record player in the living room. I know all the words cause my Dad had a nice voice and belted out all those wonderful show songs daily!
    Thanks for the Murphy chuckles and for reminding me of my parents’ pure joy and for the warmth within me as I sang the lines along with you in your delightful writing piece. ♥️ Ole’
    DC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Hidaways. dh

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this story of your pup, Letty!!
    Made my morning!!💙🐾
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute story! Shame on Jack. Donna B.

    ReplyDelete