Saturday, November 12, 2022

The Cat's Meow




The Cat's Meow
by guest writer and cat owner
Joyce Bump Milliser, MHS Wardog Class of 1965




Daylight Savings Time! What does that even mean? Can we scoop up time and put it in a bottle to use whenever we want more of it? Let me know if you find that secret.
The Town Cryer on top of little brother Soxs.

I have a cat! Enough said for some of you. Max (aka The Town Cryer) obviously didn’t receive notice of our little yearly change. He went right on meowing this morning at his usual time…5:30. He didn’t have a clue that my clock NOW said 4:30! I tried to put him off. He ignored my effort. So at 5:55 his time, 4:55 my time, we walked thru our morning routine. My day starts when his day starts. No savings there.


After letting Max out, I find myself sitting in my rocker thinking about time…the phrase how time flies came up. I thought how at age six I couldn’t wait to start school. Then a short twelve years later I couldn’t wait to get out. Then I couldn’t wait to marry and have a family. Now, this very month, Dale and I celebrate fifty-six years together, and my oldest will be fifty-four!! Wow! If I could Turn Back Time what would I do differently? LOTS of things!! But time machines aren’t really available except in Back to the Future So I’ll have to try and make time to do better from here on out. Ok, don’t go there. Make time! Wow!

When I worked, my daily prayer was that my customers would be on time. As a hair stylist and self-employed shop owner that was very important. Otherwise I got pushed into no spare time at the end of the day. That happened often. Ask me sometime “why” I fired three customers in my twenty-two years behind a chair.
😂
Psalms 90:10 says “Our days may come to 70 years, or maybe 80, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.” So…I’m living on borrowed time and YES they have passed by quickly.



Soxs, our gentle quiet cat. 


Ok. If I’ve jump-started your own journey through time I’ll leave you to it. Because my knee has popped the last two days and I can hardly walk I’m staying home from church. I never like that but I look forward to where the Lord will take me today. Our times together are often fun, teachable moments. I can already see His love and protection when I look back on my last 75 years. His timing is always perfect. Let’s use our time wisely today. Bless you!



*I wanted to share Joyce's story because we no longer have cats in our home lives, and consequently no new cat stories to share. I think a new perspective and new storytelling helps to lift our lives, and that's why I asked Joyce to share her Max story.

I, too, love cats and have lived with many over the years, like Frisky. Click on this blue link to read his story Frisky, the Cat with Nine Lives

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Joyce and Letty. So good to hear your stories. Be well and happy. Woody K.

    ReplyDelete