Saturday, May 14, 2022

Murphy Doodle's Favorite Place

 

this is the best place in the world

hi, my name is murphy doodle, and i have lived in this house for a year,  i don't know what a year is but that is what letty tells people and then she smiles and hugs me all over

i love this house and especially the blue couch they bought for me to sleep on and play on, it is so cool and comfy

i am too big to sleep on the back now, but i can curl up and lean on it, i can pose on it, jump over it, jump off of it and chew my toys on it

sometimes, letty scolds me when i jump up from behind, or over the side where the table sits........i don't know why?

one day i jumped over a pretty lady named jonya and i really scared her, but i didn't hit the drink in her hand, i didn't knock over the books on the table, i was careful, but suddenly they asked me to go outside and play......that was just fine with me, i really like to play with toys in the backyard, i can even throw a frisbee and make it roll




i like to play in the mud and dig holes, it is  so much fun, then I have to take a bath,  i get baths way too often.....my puppy mother showed me how to lick myself clean, so why does letty have to wash me? 

my favorite thing to play in the house is chase the toy, i can chase whatever jack throws, it is so much fun to jump off the couch when the toy rolls by me, i pretend it is a squirrel

letty yells my name a lot when i chase toys in the house but jack and i keep playing because it is so much fun

when i am outside the squirrels run by me and around me but i cannot catch them, one time when i ran really fast i slid into the tree and bumped my side so hard that i barked at that big tree, and the squirrel barked back at me

that is when letty and jack really laughed at me because they said the squirrel barked louder than i did...someday i will catch a squirrel and show those animals that this is my yard

i have a secret....at night when jack gets up to walk down the hall way i sneak along behind and crawl up on the couch in the dark, he doesn't know that i have left the sleeping room for my couch......then i get to sleep on my soft couch until the light wakes me up


this is how i sit when i am writing with letty
sometimes i have to use my paw on her arm to get her attention i think she likes to look out the window at the bird feeder and watch the birds when she is thinking about words 

i am so  OH OH OH  HURRY LOOK THERE IS A SQUIRREL IN THE BIRD FEEDER OUTSIDE...QUICK LETTY....HIT THE GLASS...NO LET ME GET IT...MOVE OVER...I CAN GET IT....

Murphy, stop. Settle down. The squirrel is gone. 

i ran all over the house and chased that squirrel off the the feeder and over the roof, but i still didn't catch  

now i need a bone to chew on


the end

 



6 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the Murphy Doodle stories!! He's the best & so are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letty,
    What a face! No wonder you love Murphy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love reading about Murphy.
    We had Bassets that kept us entertained. My husband always threatened to set up a web site for "Judy" but it never happened. He seems to have a knack for interpreting for dogs, but I can see that you do not need his services. Nancy S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Murphy Doodle is something else. Woodrow K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful piece to start my early Sunday! Pets are a blessing ….and
    also such an amusement. DC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Murphy doodle stories. Thanks Letty. Debbie C.

    ReplyDelete