Sunday, December 6, 2015

Icy Ice Beauties

Sitting in my writing chair
 viewing nature's icy rain

Icy
Tree limbs bending bowing low
 sagging in the howling winds

Icy
Leaves the color of honey
 suddenly encased in time

Icy
Colors of fall clasped in ice
 gleaming like lacy diamonds


Icy
Berries of red and purples
 glisten like crystal baubles


Icy
Red finches dance on feeders
 fluttering tweeting eating


Icy
Cardinals pecking laboring
 on frozen crystallized seeds







Icy
Sculptured hues of greens and brown
 ice beauties sparkling bright












*Thank you Carol Torpey for sharing your colorful photographs.

3 comments:

  1. I love cardinals, they're my favorite birds. I have two who come and eat peanuts I throw them on my balcony each morning. That is such a beautiful pic of the cardinal in the winter feeder--and the rest of the photos are so pretty also you Almost make me appreciate winter's cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about appreciating winter's cold.

      Delete
  2. You have made the winter's cold shiver through me. I like the repetition of "icy," which carries the sense of cold along. Great photos too!

    ReplyDelete