Sunday, September 6, 2015

Messages in a text...

Sometimes catching the big fish is what it's all about. We help reel it in, then we share in the moment, the memories, the laughter, and the feast.  
Shaun caught the Big Red Fish


And then a moment occurs, that's bigger than the Fish, or the story.  
While visiting the beach at Gulf Shores, Alabama this past week my daughter, Katy, and Shaun relaxed on a balcony
with a view of the ocean; sat by the dock of the bay; and waded in the warm waters while evading the shark nearby.  I received each of these stories through texting and pictures. But my favorite was this story.

"Mom, we were sitting on the beach when Shaun remembered he needed something from the room.  Leaving me on the beach he skipped through the sand barefoot back to the room.  A little while later, I heard him kicking and laughing as he walked along behind me. Suddenly, he feel at my feet.  I couldn't help but laugh.  Instead of standing immediately and wiping the sand off his face, he rose to one knee and said, 'Look what I found in the sand.....


I want to spend the rest of my life with you.  Will you Marry Me?"  

The next text read, "We just need to find a wedding chapel!!!"

Congratulations, to our romantic grown up kids:  Shaun Bledsoe, our soon to be son-in-law, and daughter Katy Rains.

Cheerfully, our family has been blessed with another rewarding moment in a text message.  Jonya wrote, "Corey passed his bar exam."  When I texted him my congratulations, his reply was simple, "I'm pumped!" 

Congratulations Corey on becoming a full fledged attorney, and for the focus and determination it took to complete law school and pass the bar.  

To see his story go to 
 <http://literallyletty.blogspot.com/2015_05_01_archive.html>
May, 5 archives, Grad, ulations.  


















6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your new-to-be son-in-law. Best wishes to Katy!
    Love, Monty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letty, ‘twas a story to make one’s heart sing!! Happy Labor Day/End-of-Summer celebration! mb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Letty! Please give my love and congratulations to Katy. kw

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! Special times for you and your children. Congratulations. pc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,
    I am not sure how I stumbled onto this blog other than doing a search for my old friend, Katy. Please tell her hello. Also, big congrats to her also! We worked together at AAG in okc around 94-97. Thank you.
    Great blog!
    Stefanie Duncan Shaver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stefanie. I forwarded your note to Katy and she would love to connect. I think if you reply and send your email in the message I will then send it on to Katy and NOT post it on this website.

      So glad you found her story.

      Delete